The Committee on Women in Statistics (CW-ISI) is a committee of the International Statistical Institute. The committee is currently chaired by Prof. Ksenija Dumicic, kdumicic.CW.ISI@gmail.com. Prof. Dumicic is currently a Professor in the Department of Statistics at the University of Zagreb, Croatia.
The committee was formally established during the ISI Beijing Session in August 1995, but held its first meetings during the ISI Session in Istanbul in August 1997.
The objectives of the Committee are to:
- Promote and strengthen the representation of women statisticians in the ISI and its sections
- Help in providing opportunities for women members to assume active and visible roles in the ISI and other statistical associations
- Facilitate the flow of information among women statisticians and help build regional and global networks of female statisticians
- Stimulate interest in statistics among women and encourage women students in schools and colleges to study statistics
- Provide a platform for the exchange of studies and research on women’s issues in various parts of the world
Our vision is to empower and support women in statistical roles across the world, spanning professions within academia, government, private sector, civil society organizations and international organizations.